Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Descartes Work

I have been given the opportunity to work on a short piece on Descartes for an introductory philosophy text, which hopefully will be published next year. Here's to hoping that I do a decent job on the piece, and that the work is published. Ironically, I have always had a love/hate relationship with Descartes' work ever since beginning my studies in philosophy, so while I have been working on this project it has been interesting to see how my views have progressed over the years. Writing about so many important philosophical problems that can be traced back to Descartes' work has given me more of an appreciation for his importance, but it has also added to many of my deep seated concerns about Descartes' philosophy as well. We'll just have to see how the piece turns out, and hopefully sees the light of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment